[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Cutoff deadlines for cinder drivers

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 02:52:52 UTC 2015

On 21:00 Sat 10 Jan     , Jay S. Bryant wrote:
> I think what we discussed was that existing drivers were supposed to
> have something working by the end of k-2, or at least have something
> close to working.
>
> For new drivers they had to have 3rd party CI working by the end of Kilo.
>
> Duncan, correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Jay
> On 01/10/2015 04:52 PM, Mike Perez wrote:
> >On 14:42 Fri 09 Jan     , Ivan Kolodyazhny wrote:
> >>Hi Erlon,
> >>
> >>We've got a thread mailing-list [1] for it and some details in wiki [2].
> >>Anyway, need to get confirmation from our core devs and/or Mike.
> >>
> >>[1]
> >>http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-October/049512.html
> >>[2]
> >>https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder/tested-3rdParty-drivers#Testing_requirements_for_Kilo_release_and_beyond
> >>
> >>Regards,
> >>Ivan Kolodyazhny

> >We did discuss and agree in the Cinder meeting that the deadline would be k-2,
> >but I don't think anyone reached out to the driver maintainers about the
> >deadline. Duncan had this action item [1], perhaps he can speak more about it.
> >
> >[1] - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/2014/cinder.2014-11-19-16.00.html

That is correct [1]. However, I don't think there was any warning given to
existing drivers [2]. If Duncan can confirm this is the case, I would recommend
fair warning go out for the end of Kilo for existing drivers as well.

[1] - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder/tested-3rdParty-drivers#Deadlines
[2] - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/2014/cinder.2014-11-19-16.00.html

--
Mike Perez