[openstack-dev] [Glance] IRC logging

Brian Rosmaita brian.rosmaita at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Jan 9 20:03:48 UTC 2015

The response on the review is overwhelmingly positive (or, strictly speaking, unanimously non-negative).

If anyone has an objection, could you please register it before 12:00 UTC on Monday, January 12?

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/145025/

thanks,
brian
________________________________
From: David Stanek [dstanek at dstanek.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 4:43 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Glance] IRC logging

It's also important to remember that IRC channels are typically not private and are likely already logged by dozens of people anyway.

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Christopher Aedo <caedo at mirantis.com<mailto:caedo at mirantis.com>> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 2:49 AM, Flavio Percoco <flavio at redhat.com<mailto:flavio at redhat.com>> wrote:
> Fully agree... I don't see how enable logging should be a limitation
> for freedom of thought. We've used it in Zaqar since day 0 and it's
> bee of great help for all of us.
>
> The logging does not remove the need of meetings where decisions and
> more relevant/important topics are discussed.

Wanted to second this as well.  I'm strongly in favor of logging -
looking through backlogs of chats on other channels has been very
helpful to me in the past, and it sure to help others in the future.
I don't think there is danger of anyone pointing to a logged IRC
conversation in this context as some statement of record.

-Christopher

David
blog: http://www.traceback.org
twitter: http://twitter.com/dstanek