[openstack-dev] [Keystone][tc] Removal Plans for keystoneclient.middleware.auth_token

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 13:04:18 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 4:22 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
wrote:

> This is probably a very dumb question, but could you explain why
> keystoneclient.middleware can't map to keystonemiddleware functions
> (adding keystonemiddleware as a dependency of future keystoneclient)? At
> first glance that would allow to remove dead duplicated code while
> ensuring compatibility for as long as we need to support those old
> releases...

Part of the reason for moving keystonemiddleware out of keystonemiddleware
was to do the reverse, have a keystoneclient install NOT bring in
auth_token.  I doubt there will be anything other than servers that need
keystonemiddleware installed whereas quite a few clients will not want it
at all.

I'm on the fence about changing stable requirements...if we imagine
keystonemiddleware is not an OpenStack project this wouldn't be the first
time we've had to do that when things change out from under us.  But I hate
doing that to ourselves...

dt

--

Dean Troyer