[openstack-dev] [stable] Stable branch status and proposed stable-maint members mentoring

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Fri Jan 9 12:02:49 UTC 2015

On 01/09/2015 11:44 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Hi stable-maint people,
>
> We seem to still have a number of issues with stable branch in the gate,
> both in Icehouse and Juno. I'd like to help where I can but I have a bit
> of a hard time tracking down the remaining failures and things that have
> already been worked on (we really need a dashboard there...)
>
> Ihar & Adam: as Icehouse and Juno champions, could you post a quick
> status update here, and let us know where the rest of us can help ?

Icehouse:

current:
- tempest, nova failures due to fresh boto release.
To be fixed with: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/146049/ (needs
backports to Juno and Icehouse, and merge of openstack bot patches to
nova and tempest repos)

recently fixed:
- keystone failed before due to new pip, fixed with
I3e0f1c2d9a859f276f74cb1d1477f92fe8a7524e.
- nova failed before due to huge logs filled with DeprecationWarning
warnings (fixed with latest stevedore release).

Other than that, there were some failures due to pypi mirror issues.

> In the future, how could we better communicate on that ? Should we make
> more use of #openstack-stable to communicate on issues and progress ?
> Should we set up a Stable status wiki page ?
I think we should have some common document (etherpad?) with branch
status and links.

> Another topic is the mentoring of new propose $PROJECT-stable-maint
> members. We have a number of proposed people to contact and introduce
> the stable branch policy to (before we add them to the group):
>
> Erno Kuvaja (glance-stable-maint)
> Amrith Kumar (trove-stable-maint)
> Lin-Hua Cheng (horizon-stable-maint)
>
> Is someone in stable-maint-core interested in reaching out to them ? If
> not I'll probably handle that.

I would expect stable liaisons to handle that. Don't we have those
assigned to the projects?

/Ihar