[openstack-dev] The state of nova-network to neutron migration

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 10:26:02 UTC 2015

On 9 January 2015 at 02:57, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:

> On 09/01/15 08:06, Maru Newby wrote:
> > The fact that operators running nova-network would like the upstream
> community to pay for implementing an automated migration solution for them
> is hardly surprising.  It is less clear to me that implementing such a
> solution, with all the attendant cost and risks, should take priority over
> efforts that benefit a broader swath of the community.  Are the operators
> in question so strapped for resources that they are not able to automate
> their migrations themselves, provided a sufficiently detailed plan to do so?
>
> This effort does benefit a broad swath of the community.

Also, as I recall, CERN and others who you may consider more along the
lines of ops, rather than devs, are committing resources to this. It's just
that those resources are not core devs in either nova or neutron - that's
why Anita was seeking champions in those two areas to assist with moving
things along and with their knowledge of the code-base.