[openstack-dev] [horizon] packaging problem production build question

David Lyle dklyle0 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 22:11:24 UTC 2015

Bower is not for use in production environments. There will continue to be
two environment setup procedures, as there are today. For production,
deploy Horizon and its dependencies via system packages. For development
and testing leverage bower to pull the javascript resources, much as pip is
used today and continue to use pip for python dependencies.

For those running CI environments, remote access will likely be required
for bower to work. Although, it seems something like private-bower [1]
could be utilized to leverage a local mirror where access or network
performance are issues.

David

[1] https://www.npmjs.com/package/private-bower