[openstack-dev] [horizon] packaging problem production build question

Matthew Farina matt at mattfarina.com
Thu Jan 8 21:28:38 UTC 2015

I've been going over the packaging problem in an effort to see how we can
move to something better. Given the current proposal around bower I'm still
left with a production deployment question.

For a build environment sitting in isolation, unable to download from the
Internet including Github, how would they be able to get all the bower
controlled packages to create a system horizon package (e.g., rpm or deb)?

These build environments currently use mirrors and controlled packages. For
example, someone might have a pypi mirror with copies of the xstatic
packages. This is tightly controlled. If bower is managing packages where,
in theory, would it get them from for an environment like this?

I may have missed something. If this has already been answered please
excuse me and point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Matt