[openstack-dev] [Nova] Kilo Release Status - just passed spec freeze

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Thu Jan 8 18:44:43 UTC 2015

Hi all,

With the release of kilo-1 we have frozen the approval of new specs for kilo.

This is to make sure we can focus on our agreed kilo priorities:
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/priorities/kilo-priorities.html

As always, there are exceptions, here is how:

1) email ML, "[nova] Request Spec Freeze Exception" in the subject
2) nova-drivers will review the spec in gerrit, at normal
3) either the spec gets a -2 for kilo, or the spec gets approved, in
the usual way

Hard deadline for spec approval is 22nd January
i.e. two weeks before kilo-2
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Kilo_Release_Schedule

nova-drivers are encouraged to give priority to those on the
priorities list, and try to ensure there is code that looks ready to
review, for any non-priority specs that are approved.

For more context, see the meeting logs from today's meeting:
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2015/nova.2015-01-08-14.00.log.html

As a reminder, some future deadlines for kilo:

22nd Jan

All blueprints that are not NeedsCodeReview (i.e. all patches ready
for review), will be deferred to the next release, unless it is
related to the kilo priorities.

5th Feb (kilo-2)

Feature Freeze for all non-priority blueprints. There will be
exceptions, for a smaller number of blueprints, assuming there is
review bandwidth.

Bugs will continue to be merged, as normal.

5th March

FeatureProposalFreeze for all code, and we meet up with the usual
release pattern.

Hopefully that helps clear things up. Catch me on IRC for questions.

Thanks,
johnthetubaguy