[openstack-dev] [nova] deleting the pylint test job

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 12:24:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 12:52:07PM -0500, Sean Dague wrote:
> The pylint test job has been broken for weeks, no one seemed to care.
> While waiting for other tests to return today I looked into it and
> figured out the fix.
>
> However, because of nova objects pylint is progressively less and less
> useful. So the fact that no one else looked at it means that people
> didn't seem to care that it was provably broken. I think it's better
> that we just delete the jobs and save a node on every nova patch instead.
>
> Project Config Proposed here - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136846/
>
> If you -1 that you own fixing it, and making nova objects patches
> sensible in pylint.

With the test job dead & buried, I figure we might as well kill the
code in Nova git too, since the pylint stuff currently spews errors
when 'run_tests.sh' populates a new virtualenv, even if you never
actally try to run pylint. To that end:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/145762/
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/145763/

Regards,