[openstack-dev] [all] Requirements for future "OpenStack projects"

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jan 8 11:41:20 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Following the adoption by the Technical Committee of the project
structure reform specification[1], I proposed a number of initial
changes[2] on the governance repository.

[1]
http://governance.openstack.org/resolutions/20141202-project-structure-reform-spec.html
[2]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/governance+branch:master+topic:tag-template,n,z

I attract your attention of the 3rd change in this series[3], which
proposes the new, simpler, more objective requirements to place on
future entrants in the realm of "OpenStack projects". Everyone has a
slightly different idea on the amount and nature of those, so feel free
to comment on this thread and/or the review itself.

[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/145740/

The current version proposed is a strawman based on the "are you one of
us" test that Monty originally proposed on [4] and the example list that
was included in the spec. I expect it to be heavily discussed and to
evolve a bit before it's actually voted on and adopted by the Technical
Committee.

[4] http://inaugust.com/post/108

So if you have a strong opinion on that, please join the discussion now :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)