[openstack-dev] [Octavia] Questions about the Octavia project

Andrew Hutchings andrew at linuxjedi.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 08:11:44 UTC 2015

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for your response.

> On 6 Jan 2015, at 20:33, Phillip Toohill <phillip.toohill at RACKSPACE.COM> wrote:
>
> Ill answer inline what I can, others can chime in to clear up anything and
> answer the rest.

The reason I asked the questions I did is because I can’t find any OS the docs will actually compile on and it is difficult to find these answers trawling throw .dot and .rst files.  I’ve since found answers for a couple of them.

I have several recommendations based on what I have read so far.  Such as not using Protobufs instead of JSON for the Amphorae->Controller configuration communication (I can go into lots of detail into why another time).  I very much like the HMAC-signed UDP messages idea though.

I now have some feedback for my team, thanks again.

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Hutchings - LinuxJedi - http://www.linuxjedi.co.uk/