[openstack-dev] [Devstack][Neutron]Neutron with External DHCP server

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Tue Jan 6 13:34:43 UTC 2015

On 01/06/2015 12:04 PM, foss geek wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Is it possible to configure neutron to take VM ip from external DHCP
> server?
>
> I am having All In One openstack env deployed using devstack icehouse.
> I am looking for an option to integrate it with external DHCP server.

At the moment, there is no way to achieve this, though the option was
discussed as part of Pluggable IPAM effort that was approved for Kilo:
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/neutron-specs/tree/specs/kilo/neutron-ipam.rst

Quoting the spec: "Out-of-Scope Items [...] Pluggable DHCP would require
a separate effort,
or must be addressed within the individual drivers."

/Ihar