[openstack-dev] [stable-maint] acceptable changes for stable/icehouse

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jan 6 10:23:11 UTC 2015

John Griffith wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 4:39 PM, Jay S. Bryant
> <jsbryant at electronicjungle.net> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> We have been getting a number of non-security patches proposed to
>> stable/icehouse for Cinder.  The cores were discussing what was ok to put
>> into icehouse at this point in time and couldn't agree as to whether we were
>> at the point of only accepting security changes.
>>
>> Appreciate advice on this topic.
>>

> Hey Jay,
>
> Thanks for raising this, my understanding was that we were in fact
> security only mode now for Icehouse.  That being said I completely
> forgot that it's been that long already and I let some reviews slip
> myself just today in fact.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Icehouse is now 9-month old, so it is in phase II support ("only
critical bugfixes and security patches are acceptable").

Reference: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StableBranch#Support_phases

In case of doubt, you can ask stable-maint-core people for advice:
https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/530,members

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)