[openstack-dev] [Neutron][L2-Gateway] Meetings announcement

Sukhdev Kapur sukhdevkapur at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 05:42:12 UTC 2015

Hi Ian,

I do not have one definition per se for the L2 gateway. Every use case
tends to define it in differently :-).  The desire (and goal) is to come up
with "an" API within Kilo cycle, upon which folks can start to build their
use cases, and (hopefully) iteratively come up with an API which covers
most, if not all, use cases.

For past few cycles (going all the way back to Hong Kong summit), we have
been discussing about this API, but, have not been able to converge.

During Paris summit (in the pods), a reasonable number of vendors
participated in the discussion to build upon the proposal made my Maruti
(from HP) to come up with the a "starting point" for this API. Maruti and
Armando (along with others) have been iterating over the spec proposed by
Maruti ( I posted the link on the wiki).

We felt, it is about time that we get together in a regular meeting form to
discuss as to what we have have so far and see how we can make it reality
for Kilo cycle. I realize that this may not fill all the bills. Once we
have a working version, we can alway build upon it and bring in more and
more use case as we move forward.

Please join us on IRC on this Monday and share your wisdom with other
members.

-Sukhdev