[openstack-dev] what code in cinder volume driver supports volume migration between two backends of same type but having different volume types? [cinder]

Nikesh Kumar Mahalka nikeshmahalka at vedams.com
Sat Feb 28 10:02:50 UTC 2015

I tried below link  for volume migration on my driver and also similar
efforts for LVM.
Even whatever documents available in openstack for
volume-migration,each one showing volume migration of a volume having
volume type None

I added host assisted volume migration function in my cinder driver.
When i am trying volume migration on a volume without volume type,then
my volume migration function is getting called and i  am able to do
volume migration.

But when i am trying volume migration on a volume having volume
type,then my volume migration function is not getting called.

http://paste.openstack.org/show/183392/
http://paste.openstack.org/show/183405/