[openstack-dev] [neutron] OpenFlow security groups (pre-benchmarking plan)

Miguel Ángel Ajo majopela at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 13:52:34 UTC 2015

I’m writing a plan/script to benchmark OVS+OF(CT) vs OVS+LB+iptables+ipsets,
so we can make sure there’s a real difference before jumping into any
OpenFlow security group filters when we have connection tracking in OVS.

The plan is to keep all of it in a single multicore host, and make all the measures
within it, to make sure we just measure the difference due to the software layers.

Suggestions or ideas on what to measure are welcome, there’s an initial draft here:

https://github.com/mangelajo/ovs-experiments/tree/master/ovs-ct

Miguel Ángel Ajo