[openstack-dev] [nova] Request non-priority feature freeze exception for VIF_TYPE_TAP

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 12:07:16 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 11:46:05AM +0000, Neil Jerram wrote:
> Although we are past the non-priority deadline, I have been encouraged
> to request this late exception for Project Calico's spec and code adding
> VIF_TYPE_TAP to Nova.

I'm afraid you're also past the freeze exception request deadline. The
meeting to decide upon exception requests took place a week & a half
ago now.

So while I'd probably support inclusion of your new VIF driver to libvirt,
you are out of luck for Kilo in terms of the process currently being
applied to Nova.

Regards,
Daniel