[openstack-dev] [stable][all] Revisiting the 6 month release cycle

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Wed Feb 25 04:06:32 UTC 2015

On 02/24/2015 05:46 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2015-02-24 10:00:51 -0800 (-0800), Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
> [...]
>> Recently, I have spent a lot more time waiting on reviews than I
>> have spent writing the actual code.
>
> That's awesome, assuming what you mean here is that you've spent
> more time reviewing submitted code than writing more. That's where
> we're all falling down as a project and should be doing better, so I
> applaud your efforts in this area.

I can't tell if your statement should be taken at face value, or is a subtle dig
indicating that everyone should be reviewing other people's code rather than
writing more of their own.

Taking it at face value, I interpret him to mean that he has some features that
he would like to submit, and they're blocked waiting for core reviewers.  I've
gone through that myself--it can take a long time to get meaningful feedback,
much longer than I've experienced in other open-source projects.

Taking it as a dig, sometimes people just have their one itch to scratch and the
rest of the project is "good enough" for them, and I think that's actually okay.

Chris