[openstack-dev] [stable] New to project stable maintenance, question on requirements changes

Trevor McKay tmckay at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 19:34:27 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

I've just joined the stable maintenance team for Sahara.

We have this review here, from OpenStack proposal bot:

    https://review.openstack.org/158775/

Since it came from the proposal bot, there's no justification in the
commit message and no cherry pick.

I didn't see this case covered as one of the strict set in

    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StableBranch

Do we trust the proposal bot? How do I know I should trust it? On
master, I assume if there
is a mistake it will soon be rectified, but stable ...  Do we have a doc
that talks about stable maintenance
and requirements changes?  Should we?

Am I being paranoid? :)

Thanks,