[openstack-dev] [Nova][Tempest] Tempest will deny extra properties on Nova v2/v2.1 API

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 09:48:52 UTC 2015

Hi

Nova team is developing Nova v2.1 API + microversions in this cycle,
and the status of Nova v2.1 API has been changed to CURRENT from
EXPERIMENTAL.
That said new API properties should be added via microversions, and
v2/v2.1 API(*without* microversions) should return the same response
without any new properties.
Now Tempest allows extra properties of a Nova API response because we
thought Tempest should not block Nova API development.

However, I think Tempest needs to deny extra properties in
non-microversions test cases because we need to block accidental
changes of v2/v2.1 API and encourage to use microversions for API
changes.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/156130/ is trying to do that, but I'd
like to get opinions before that.

If the above change is merged, we can not use Tempest on OpenStack
environments which provide the original properties.
Is it acceptable for the scope of Tempest?

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks
Ken Ohmichi