[openstack-dev] [neutron] ML2 versus core plugin for OVN

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 09:36:23 UTC 2015

Even ignoring integration with other VXLAN based drivers inside of a
segment, using ML2 can allow someone to run a network with a mix of
segments using different segmentation types. As long as the OVN driver
understands which ports it is capable of binding, it can coexist with other
drivers and allow heterogenous setups 'for free'.

Kevin Benton