[openstack-dev] [nova] Outcome of the nova FFE meeting for Kilo

Nikola Đipanov ndipanov at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 14:47:20 UTC 2015

On 02/20/2015 11:33 PM, Sourabh Patwardhan (sopatwar) wrote:
> Nova core reviewers,
>
> May I request an FFE for Cisco VIF driver:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/157616/
>
> This is a small isolated change similar to the vhostuser / open contrail
> vif drivers for which FFE has been granted.
>
> Thanks,
> Sourabh

Hey Sourabh,

Sorry that you didn't get any responses sooner.

Actually the FFEs get decided by a subset of the Nova core team called
the nova-drivers. You can see it briefly mentioned here [1]. (*)

You can see an ethepad that hosts the minutes of the meeting where
nova-drivers were deciding on FFEs at [2] which may give you more
insight into why your BP did not make the cut.

Once again - apologies for any poor experience you may have had trying
to contribute to Nova.

N.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-nova-ffe-requests

(*) On a side note this is an example of us not making the process and
the players clear to our contributors, so we should probably try to
document the role of the nova-drivers better at the very least.