[openstack-dev] [cinder] qemu-img disk corruption bug to patch or not?

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Sat Feb 21 07:32:38 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 12:40:34PM +0100, Philipp Marek wrote:

> Well, do you want fast or working/consistent images?

Sure I often said I'll take slow and correct over fast and buggy anyday".

> Oh, okay... with the safe default being derived from the qemu version ;)

Umm excuse my ignorance but can we actually do a runtime determeined "default"
or are you talking about something more like

def maybe_fsync(path)
    if not CONF.option:
        return
    if CONF.option or qemu_version() < (2.1.0):
        do_sync(path)

I'm happy to do what the cinder community wants/needs as long as I know what
that is up front :)

Yours Tony.