[openstack-dev] [all][oslo] Dealing with database connection sharing issues

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 15:48:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> +1 to fix Oslo's service module any ways, irrespective of this bug.

By the way, the Service class is a blocker point for the implementation of asyncio and threads specs:

   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/153298/
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/156711/

We may allow to execute a function before fork() to explicitly share some things with all child processes. But most things (instanciate the application, open DB connections, etc.) should be done after the fork.

Well, it looks like everyone agree. We just need someone to implement the idea :-)

We may write a new class instead of modifying the existing class, to not break applications. Doug Hellamnn even proposed once to have an abstraction of the concurrency model (eventlet, threads, asyncio). I don't know if it's worth it.

Victor