[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Behavior of default security group

Hirofumi Ichihara ichihara.hirofumi at lab.ntt.co.jp
Fri Feb 20 10:45:16 UTC 2015

Neutron experts,

I caught a bug report[1].

Currently, Neutron enable admin to delete default security group. But Neutron doesn’t allow default security group to keep deleted. Neutron regenerates default security group as security group api is called next. I have two questions about the behavior.

1. Why does Neutron regenerate default security group? If default security group is essential, we shouldn’t enable admin to delete it.
2. Why is security group named “default" essential? Users may want to change its name.

I'd like neutron experts' suggestions.

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1423475

Thanks,
Hirofumi