[openstack-dev] [os-ansible-deployment] Changes in the "os-ansible-deployment" project

Kevin Carter kevin.carter at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Feb 20 02:30:25 UTC 2015

Hello all,

Over the past few weeks the os-ansible-deployment team has been working on getting the repository (https://github.com/stackforge/os-ansible-deployment) into a more community friendly state. For anyone who’s look at the project in the past and thought it was too Rackspace specific I’m here to announce that we’ve fixed that. The project has been De-Rackspace’d and Genericized while maintaining the reference architecture and intent. As of today, we’ve fully excised all of Rackspace Private Cloud specific roles and playbooks and have converted the remaining roles and playbooks into ones using Ansible best practices. We still have a lot of work to do but the project is growing in capability and scale and we’re eager to begin working more with the greater OpenStack community on what we think will be an asset to Operators and Developers alike. If you have an interest in Ansible, LXC containers, and/or deployments from source we’d love to have you join our community.

Weekly meetings: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/openstack-ansible
IRC channel: #openstack-ansible

Thank you again to everyone who’s contributed so far and we look forward to seeing you online.

—

Kevin