[openstack-dev] [nova] release request for python-novaclient

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Feb 19 18:21:13 UTC 2015

Sorry, I dropped the ball here. This is now released.

As promised last week in the nova meeting I've checked the docs on the
wiki for releases
(https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Client_Release_Process) and
fixed some small errors. I'll look at adding John Garbutt and Matt
Riedemann to the novaclient release group now.

Michael

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 2:12 AM, Matt Riedemann
<mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> On 2/12/2015 6:55 PM, Michael Still wrote:
>>
>> This was discussed in the nova meeting this morning. In that meeting
>> we declared ourselves unwedged and ready to do a release, and I said
>> I'd do that today.
>>
>> On reflection, I want to recant just a little -- I think its a bad
>> idea for me to do a release on a Friday. So, I'll do this early next
>> week instead.
>>
>> Michael

>>> So to move this forward, lets just pin novaclient on stable branches. so
>>> the
>>> longer term pin all the reqs isn't blocking this.
>>>
>>> Icehouse already has a cap, so we just need to wait for the juno cap to
>>> land:
>>>
>>> https://review.openstack.org/154680

> This was ready to go as of Monday. Can we really only have the PTL do this
> release?  As far as I know, any core on python-novaclient should be able to
> do this if they have a GPG key to launchpad, then they just need to push the
> tagged release per [1].  There is some launchpad bug cleanup and blueprint
> stuff to handle which is done in scripts somewhere [2], so maybe that's what
> holds this up?
>
> [1] http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/drivers.html#tagging-a-release
> [2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReleaseTeam/How_To_Release
>
> --