[openstack-dev] [nova] release request for python-novaclient

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Feb 19 15:12:02 UTC 2015

On 2/12/2015 6:55 PM, Michael Still wrote:
> This was discussed in the nova meeting this morning. In that meeting
> we declared ourselves unwedged and ready to do a release, and I said
> I'd do that today.
>
> On reflection, I want to recant just a little -- I think its a bad
> idea for me to do a release on a Friday. So, I'll do this early next
> week instead.
>
> Michael
>
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Joe Gordon <joe.gordon0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 7:55 PM, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The previous policy is that we do a release "when requested" or when a
>>> critical bug fix merges. I don't see any critical fixes awaiting
>>> release, but I am not opposed to a release.
>>>
>>> The reason I didn't do this yesterday is that Joe wanted some time to
>>> pin the stable requirements, which I believe he is still working on.
>>> Let's give him some time unless this is urgent.
>>>

>> So to move this forward, lets just pin novaclient on stable branches. so the
>> longer term pin all the reqs isn't blocking this.
>>
>> Icehouse already has a cap, so we just need to wait for the juno cap to
>> land:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/154680
>>

>>> Michael

>>> --
>>> Rackspace Australia

This was ready to go as of Monday. Can we really only have the PTL do
this release?  As far as I know, any core on python-novaclient should be
able to do this if they have a GPG key to launchpad, then they just need
to push the tagged release per [1].  There is some launchpad bug cleanup
and blueprint stuff to handle which is done in scripts somewhere [2], so
maybe that's what holds this up?

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/drivers.html#tagging-a-release
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReleaseTeam/How_To_Release

Matt Riedemann