[openstack-dev] [Fuel] tracking bugs superseded by blueprints

Andrew Woodward xarses at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 17:46:42 UTC 2015

Bogdan,

Yes I think tracking the bugs like this would be beneficial. We should also
link them from the BP so that the imperilmenter can track them. It adds
"related blueprints" in the bottom of the right column under the
subscribers so we probably should also edit the description so that the
data is easy to see

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 8:12 AM, Bogdan Dobrelya <bdobrelia at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Hello.
> There is inconsistency in the triage process for Fuel bugs superseded by
> blueprints.
> The current approach is to set "won't fix" status for such bugs.
> But there are some cases we should clarify [0], [1].
>
> I vote to not track superseded bugs separately and keep them as "won't
> fix" but update the status back to "confirmed" in case of regression
> discovered. And if we want to backport an improvement tracked by a
> blueprint (just for an exceptional case) let's assign milestones for
> related bugs.
>
> If we want to change the triage rules, let's announce that so the people
> won't get confused.
>
> [0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1383741
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1422856
>
> --