[openstack-dev] [tempest] Question about test_external_network_visibility

Albert albert.vico at midokura.com
Wed Feb 18 16:17:05 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

What the reason behind this test, why I cannot have an external network that is shared amongst all the tenants? Also according to this: http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/install-guide/install/apt-debian/content/neutron_initial-external-network.html <http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/install-guide/install/apt-debian/content/neutron_initial-external-network.html>

 The admin tenant owns this network because it provides external network access for multiple tenants. You must also enable sharing to allow access by those tenants.

So I’m sure what this test is supposed to test and what’s that and unexpected or erroneous behaviour.

Can someone give some light into this matter?

best,
Albert