[openstack-dev] [ceilometer][keystone] Domain information through ceilometer and authentication against keystone v3

Namita Chaudhari namita.chaudhari at sungardas.com
Wed Feb 18 09:25:56 UTC 2015

Sure. Thanks Gordon.

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:32 PM, gordon chung <gord at live.ca> wrote:

> 1) *Getting domain information:* I haven't came across but is there any
> ceilometer API which would provide domain information along with the usage
> data?
>
> 2) *Ceilometer auth against keystone v3:* As domain feature is provided
> in keystone v3 API, I am using that. Is there a way to configure ceilometer
> so that it would use keystone v3 API? I tried doing that but it didnt work
> for me. Also, I came across a question forum (
> https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/55353/ceilometer-v3-auth-against-keystone/
> )
>  which says that "ceilometer can't use v3 for getting service tokens
> since middleware doesn't support it".
>
> i've never actually tried tihs but if you are referring to ceilometer's
> api, it uses keystonemiddleware to authenticate so you'd probably need to
> add auth_version keystone_authtoken section in ceilometer.conf...
>
> regarding ceilometer speaking to other services, the service_credentials
> options are available here:
> http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/config-reference/content/ch_configuring-openstack-telemetry.html.
> are any additional options required to be passed in?
>
> adding keystone tag incase they feel like pointing out something obvious.
>
> cheers,
> *gord*

*Namita Chaudhari* ● Engineer - Product Development ● Sungard Availability
Services, India. ● 2nd Floor, Wing 4, Cluster D, MIDC Kharadi Knowledge
Park, Pune - 411 014 ● Email: namita.chaudhari at sungardas.com
<namita.chaudhari at sungard.com> ● www.sungardas.in

*CONFIDENTIALITY:*  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error,