[openstack-dev] [Fuel] fake threads in tests

Evgeniy L eli at mirantis.com
Wed Feb 18 08:27:10 UTC 2015

Hi Przemyslaw,

Thanks for bringing up the topic. A long time ago we had similar topic,
I agree that the way it works now is not good at all, because it leads to
a lot of problems, I remember the time when our tests were randomly
broken because of deadlocks and race conditions with fake thread.

We should write some helpers for receiver module, to explicitly and easily
change state of the system, as you mentioned it should be done in
synchronous fashion.

But of course we cannot just remove fake and we should continue supporting
it, some fake thread specific tests should be added to make sure that it's
not
broken.

Thanks,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Przemyslaw Kaminski <pkaminski at mirantis.com