[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Lets keep our community open, lets fight for it

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Tue Feb 17 18:11:01 UTC 2015

On Feb 17, 2015, at 11:29 AM, Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote:

> Shaming a person is a last resort, when that person may not listen to
> reason. It's sometimes necessary to bring shame to a practice, but even
> then, those who are participating are now draped in shame as well and
> will have a hard time saving face.

Why must pointing out that someone is doing something incorrectly necessarily "shaming"? Those of us who review code do that all the time; telling someone that there is a better way to code something is certainly not shaming, since we all benefit from those suggestions.

Sure, you can also be a jerk about how you tell someone they can improve, but that's certainly not the norm in this community.

-- Ed Leafe