[openstack-dev] [cinder] [oslo] MySQL connection shared between green threads concurrently

Mike Bayer mbayer at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 17:19:19 UTC 2015

Mike Bayer <mbayer at redhat.com> wrote:

> I haven’t confirmed this yet today but based on some greenlet research as
> well as things I observed with PDB yesterday, my suspicion is that Cinder’s
> startup code runs in a traditional thread, at the same time the service is
> allowing connections to come in via green-threads, which are running in a
> separate greenlet event loop

OK, it seems that is not what’s happening. Which is actually very bad news
because it’s starting to look like SQLAlchemy’s connection pool, even if I
directly patch it with eventlet’s threading and Queue implementations, is
failing. Which would just be all the more amazing that we don’t see this
happening everywhere, all the time? The story is still not told yet.