[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Domain information through ceilometer and authentication against keystone v3

Namita Chaudhari namita.chaudhari at sungardas.com
Tue Feb 17 04:55:17 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I have explored ceilometer and have few queries regarding it:

1) *Getting domain information:* I haven't came across but is there any
ceilometer API which would provide domain information along with the usage
data?

2) *Ceilometer auth against keystone v3:* As domain feature is provided in
keystone v3 API, I am using that. Is there a way to configure ceilometer so
that it would use keystone v3 API? I tried doing that but it didnt work for
me. Also, I came across a question forum (
https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/55353/ceilometer-v3-auth-against-keystone/
)
 which says that "ceilometer can't use v3 for getting service tokens since
middleware doesn't support it".

Can you please help me with the above queries?

Thanks and Regards,
Namita