[openstack-dev] Summit Voting and ATC emails?

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon Feb 16 19:46:21 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-02-16 at 09:44 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Why did we change the rules on summit passes in this way ?

Because there is always a balance to strike between open participation
and effective conversations, while the balance point keeps changing.

In Paris we've noticed a fairly high participation to the Design
sessions from people who didn't really have anything to contribute to
those sessions. We received quite some complaints about the feeling of
being overcrowded in Paris at the Design session so we thought about
experimenting, like we always do.

By sending an invite automatically only to the most recent contributors
we're hoping to catch the most involved ones, expecting them to be
contributing more to the sessions. Other invites can be sent to
non-contributors, as we've always done for translators, operators and
users or developers of other projects that PTLs and other leaders
believe would contribute to Design conversations.

We may change the policy again in the future, we'll see how things go in
Vancouver.

/stef