[openstack-dev] [glance] Cleanout of inactive change proposals from review

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Fri Feb 13 14:55:26 UTC 2015

On 13/02/15 14:17 +0000, Kuvaja, Erno wrote:
>Hi Boris,
>

>Thanks for your input. I do like the idea of picking up the changes that have
>not been active. Do you have resources in mind to dedicate for this?
>

>My personal take is that if some piece of work has not been touched for a
>month, it’s probably not that important after all and the community should use
>the resources to do some work that has actual momentum. The changes itself will
>not disappear the owner is still able to revive it if felt that there is right
>time to continue it. The cleanup will just make it easier for people to focus
>on things that are actually moving. It also will make bug tracking bit easier
>when one will see on the bug report that the patch got abandoned due to
>inactivity and indicates that the owner of that bug might not be working on it
>after all.

I agree the above holds most of the times. However, I think we should
add one more step to the bullets you mentioned in your previous email.
That is, taking a good look to the review and understanding if it'd be
worth taking it over.

Some reviews are stalled on minor fixes/rebases. It'd be a shame to
abandon a patch that would be a good fix for a bug based on a missing
rebase.

Flavio