[openstack-dev] [glance] Cleanout of inactive change proposals from review

Alexander Tivelkov ativelkov at mirantis.com
Fri Feb 13 14:41:16 UTC 2015

Hi!

Important chagesets are supposed to have bugs (or blueprints) assigned
to them, so, even if the CS is abandoned, its description still
remains on Launchpad in one form or another, so we will not loose it
from general project's backlog. And if the changeset didn't have a
bug/blueprint specified, then it either does not represent a real use
case at all (or its owner didn't bother to document it anyway, so
keeping the changeset most probably will not help to understand the
use case)

So I like the proposal in general.

However, it has a little issue: imagine a patchset which receives a -1
from some random reviewer. The owner may reply to that -1 with a
reasonable counterargument, and in this situation it is up to the
initial reviewer to either agree with that counterargument and revoke
the -1 or to continue the discussion and persuade the owner to change
the code. However, I've seen situations when the reviewers do not
react to such replies and the changesets remain idle with a single -1
which are in fact addressed but not removed. It would be a bad
practice if we abandon such commits just because their initial
reviewers have lost any interest in continuing the discussion with
owners.

Probably we should keep such situations in mind when defining "inactive".

--
Regards,
Alexander Tivelkov