[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [Ceilometer] Real world experience with Ceilometer deployments - Feedback requested

Jordan Pittier jordan.pittier at scality.com
Thu Feb 12 18:00:10 UTC 2015

Hi,
My experience with Ceilometer is that MongoDB is/was a major bottleneck.
You need sharding + servers with lot of RAM. You need to set TTL on your
samples, and only save in DB the metrics that really mater to you. MongoDB
v3 should also help.

Regarding RabbitMQ pressure, I think this blueprint helps a lot
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/multiple-rabbitmq

And also, you should make your own tests because there has been a lot of
FUD around Ceilometer.

Jordan