[openstack-dev] [nova] issues with fakelibvirt in tests

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Feb 12 17:49:12 UTC 2015

On 2/12/2015 11:32 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
> Looking recently at the following failure -
> http://logs.openstack.org/04/154804/1/gate/gate-nova-python27/1fe94bf/console.html#_2015-02-12_15_02_19_593
>
> It appears that the fakelibvirt fixture is potentially causing races in
> tests because after the first test in a worker starts a libvirt
> connection, the libvirt python library spawns a thread which keeps
> running in a loop for the duration of the tests. This is happening
> regardless of whether or not the test in question is using libvirt (as
> in this case). Having threads thumping around in the background means
> that doing things like testing for when sleep is called can fail because
> libvirt's thread is getting in the way.
>
> What's the proper method of completely tearing down all the libvirt
> resources so that when this fixture exits it will actually do that
> correctly -
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/tests/unit/virt/libvirt/fakelibvirt.py#L1181-L1202
> and not impact unrelated tests?
>
> 	-Sean

fakelibvirt shouldn't be using libvirt-python at all since this change:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/150148/

I'm not saying there isn't a thing going on, but not sure how
libvirt-python would be involved since it's not in
test-requirements.txt, unless it's in site-packages on the test nodes.

Matt Riedemann