[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Lets keep our community open, lets fight for it

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Feb 12 15:51:31 UTC 2015

On 2015-02-12 10:35:18 +0000 (+0000), Kuvaja, Erno wrote:
[...]
> I'd like to point out that that this discussion has been pushing
> all inclusive open approach. Not ATC, not specially approved
> individuals, but everyone. Mailing list can easily facilitate
> participation of everyone who wishes to do so. Summits cannot. If
> we pull the line to ATCs and specially invited individuals, we can
> throw this whole topic to the trash as 90% of the discussed was
> just dismissed.
[...]

And perhaps I too should have been more clear. Plenty of people who
have not contributed a patch to a project but contribute to the
community in other ways also get free passes to the conference and
qualify for travel assistance funding. It's just that we have an
easy way to track code contributions so we can wrap some automation
around that (along with people who have speaking proposals accepted,
who assist as track chairs, who volunteer to assist with day-of
tasks for the conference, et cetera), but anyone else who is
consistently contributing should feel free to reach out and request
complimentary passes or assistance.
--
Jeremy Stanley