[openstack-dev] [nova] Question about force_host skip filters

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 09:44:17 UTC 2015

Le 12/02/2015 10:05, Rui Chen a écrit :
> Hi:
>
>    If we boot instance with 'force_hosts', the force host will skip
> all filters, looks like that it's intentional logic, but I don't know
> the reason.
>
>    I'm not sure that the skipping logic is apposite, I think we should
> remove the skipping logic, and the 'force_hosts' should work with the
> scheduler, test whether the force host is appropriate ASAP. Skipping
> filters and postponing the booting failure to nova-compute is not
> advisable.
>
>     On the other side, more and more options had been added into
> flavor, like NUMA, cpu pinning, pci and so on, forcing a suitable host
> is more and more difficult.

Any action done by the operator is always more important than what the
Scheduler could decide. So, in an emergency situation, the operator
wants to force a migration to an host, we need to accept it and do it,
even if it doesn't match what the Scheduler could decide (and could
violate any policy)

That's a *force* action, so please leave the operator decide.

-Sylvain