[openstack-dev] [vmware][nova] Prevent HA configuration with different hostnames

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 15:31:29 UTC 2015

I just posted this:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/154907/

as an alternative fix for critical bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1419785

I've just knocked this up quickly for illustration: it obviously needs
plenty of cleanup. I have confirmed that it works, though.

Before I take it any further, though, I'd like to get some feedback on
the approach. I prefer this to the alternative, because the underlying
problem is deeper than supporting evacuate. I'd prefer to be honest with
the user and just say it ain't gonna work. The alternative would leave
Nova running in a broken state, leaving inconsistent state in its wake
as it runs.

Matt

--
Matthew Booth

Phone: +442070094448 (UK)
GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490