[openstack-dev] [nova] Flavor extra-spec and image metadata documentation

Bhandaru, Malini K malini.k.bhandaru at intel.com
Wed Feb 11 10:25:43 UTC 2015

Pasquale Porreca,
The flexibility/ freedom to create meta data tags for images and Nova flavor extra specs can be confusing. Even allows one to make typographical errors that may be hard to detect.
As Daniel mentions, some tags have a definite meaning/semantics, others can be totally random.
Tags with semantic significance will typically be handled by special purpose filters, look in Nova/filters directory, /opt/stack/nova/nova/scheduler/filters
The filters documentation in Nova admin guide may help too.
All the rest are just matched as strings.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Malini