[openstack-dev] [nova] Flavor extra-spec and image metadata documentation

Pasquale Porreca pasquale.porreca at dektech.com.au
Wed Feb 11 09:23:54 UTC 2015

Hello

I am working on a little patch that introduce a new flavor extra-spec
and image metadata key-value pair https://review.openstack.org/#/c/153607/

I am wondering how an openstack admin can be aware that a specific value
of a flavor extra-spec or image metadata provides a feature he may
desire, in other words is there a place where the flavor extra-specs
and/or image metadata key-value pairs are documented?

I found plenty of documentation on how to list, create, delete, etc.
flavor extra-spec and image metadata, but the only place where I found a
list (is that complete?) of the accepted (i.e. that trigger specific
feature in nova) key-value pairs is in horizon dashboard, when logged
with admin credential.

I am a bit confused on how someone working to add a new key/value pair
should proceed.

--
Pasquale Porreca

DEK Technologies