[openstack-dev] [neutron] - port-create with network from a different tenant does not fail

Varun Lodaya Varun_Lodaya at symantec.com
Tue Feb 10 23:12:54 UTC 2015

Ohk, a hacky way to share network across specific tenants. Cool, thanks Kevin.

- Varun

From: Kevin Benton <blak111 at gmail.com<mailto:blak111 at gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [neutron] - port-create with network from a different tenant does not fail

Unfortunately shared networks right now have no fine-grained control so every single tenant can attach to a network once it is marked as shared. So if you have one tenant who wants to have another tenant attach a few servers to his/her network, the only choice is to have the admin do it via the operation you described above.