[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] nova api.fault notification isn't collected by ceilometer

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue Feb 10 20:09:51 UTC 2015

> but how do we do with other priority message like "WARN" ?
we can add support for the other levels as well... are there WARN, CRITICAL, priority messages?

cheers,gord

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 16:11:23 +0800
From: yuntongjin at gmail.com
To: gord at live.ca; openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org; julien at danjou.info
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [ceilometer] nova api.fault notification isn't collected by ceilometer

    On 2015年02月10日 11:34, yuntong wrote:

      On 2015年02月10日 05:12, gordon chung
        wrote:

            > In nova api, a nova api.fault notification will be send out when the when there
> is en error.
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/nova/api/openstack/__init__.py#n119
> but i couldn't find where they are  processed  in ceilometer,
> an error notification can be very desired to be collected, do we have plan to
> add this, shall i need a bp to do that ?

          there's a patch for review to store error info: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/153362/

    This looks good,

    but how do we do with other priority message like "WARN" ?

    -yuntong

           cheers,

              gord

      Yep, that's what i'm looking for, thanks,

      another notification from nova that is missed in ceilometer is
      info from nova api:

      https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/notifications.py#L64

      this notify_decorator will decorate every nova/ec2 rest api and
      send out a notification for each api actions:

      https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/utils.py#L526

      from which will send out notification like: "%s.%s.%s" %
      (module, key, method) ,

      and no notification plugin in ceilometer to deal with them.

      Let me know if i should file a bug for this.

      Thanks,

      -yuntong