[openstack-dev] [stable] juno is fubar in the gate

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Tue Feb 10 16:50:17 UTC 2015

Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> writes:

> I also disagree with the proposed solution. We announced a support
> timeframe for Icehouse, our downstream users made plans around it, so we
> should stick to it as much as we can.

To be fair, if we did that, we did not communicate accurately the
sentiment of the room at the Kilo summit.  From:

  https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-summit-ops-stable-branch

  Stable branches starting with stable/icehouse are intended to be
  supported for 15 months (previously it was 9 months), but it depends
  on the community dedicating resources to maintain stable/*

There was definitely skepticism in that room.  I would characterize it
as something like "some people wanted 15 months" and other people said
"that is unlikely to happen based on our track record".  I think the
consensus was akin to "okay, we'll try it and see what happens but no
promises".

-Jim