[openstack-dev] EOL and Stable Contributions (was Juno is flubber at the gate)

Mark Voelker mvoelker at vmware.com
Tue Feb 10 16:10:11 UTC 2015

The sentiment that Kevin is expressing here has come up informally at past Operator’s meetups as well, which makes sense given that relatively few operators are chasing trunk vs using a stable release.  I would hypothesize that there’s probably actually a fair bit of interest among operators in having well maintained stable branches but there are disincentives that keep them from pitching in more.  Let’s see if we can bring that to light a bit—I’ve added an item on the etherpad to discuss this in Philadelphia at the Operator’s midcycle meetup in a few weeks. [1]  If folks who are attending aren’t familiar with the current stable branch policies and team structure, you may want to read through the wiki first. [2]

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PHL-ops-meetup

[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StableBranch

At Your Service,

Mark T. Voelker