[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Cache for packages on master node

Skamruk, Piotr piotr.skamruk at intel.com
Tue Feb 10 15:19:40 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 15:24 +0100, Tomasz Napierala wrote:

Hi,

We are currently redesigning our apporach to upstream distributions and obviusly we will need some cache system for packages on master node. It should work for deb and rpm packages, and be able to serve up to 200 nodes.
I know we had bad experience in the past, can you guys share your thought on that?
I just collected what was mentioned in other discussions:
- approx
- squid
- apt-cacher-ng
- ?

As this should work for both .rpm/.deb packages, i think that squid (probably configured as transparent proxy, but not necessarily, we can explicitly set FMN as http/https proxy on deployed nodes) could be easiest to setup.

http://codepoets.co.uk/2014/squid-3-4-x-with-ssl-for-debian-wheezy/ - example how to setup squid as transparent proxy also for https .

--
  regards
  jell